Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Things I've learned...

Yowza!!!

Just got back from a week at the beach a few days ago...

Why does leaving for one week, require two weeks of preparation and one week of post preparation?

My one year anniversary date of starting my new eating plan is fast approaching, and I've learned sooooo much I am bursting!!!  Time on the shore, with pen in hand, my boys surfing in the water, has led me to a list of things I've learned in the last year...

Oh, and for the record... I HAVE NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER STAYED on an eating plan for longer than 3 weeks... so this is BIG deal for me... HUGE!!!

Things I've learned since July 14, 2009...

1.  We are NOT destined to be and stay overweight forever just because we are over 35.... or 45... or 55!

2.  It IS possible to lose weight quickly by eating enormous amounts of GOOD, healthy food...

3. HFCS, ALL PRESERVATIVES, Aspartame, Splenda, Equal, All sodas, pre packaged foods of all types...
ARE. THE. DEVIL!!!!

4.Once your body gets used to eating fresh, wholesome foods, IT WILL purge itself if you eat badly... even once...

5.  Some people want to lose weight badly... but aren't willing to change their eating habits even one little bit...

6.  Eating really healthy causes other people to hide or not eat in front of you...

7.  Some people wouldn't compliment another human being for having lost noticeable weight if their life depended on it... instead... they'll say something like... "It's about time!"

8.  I don't HAVE to have a piece of cake just because it's my Birthday or someone else's Birthday... I won't die... it's really okay NOT to have it...

9.  Adapting non healthy recipes into uber healthy ones is a lot of fun!

10.  Dried fruit of any kind is my favorite snack... I keep it on hand all the time...

11. You don't have to lose POUNDS to lose weight... inches are GOOD too!

12.  Eating more fruits and veggies everyday is actually CHEAPER!!!

13.  Dinner does NOT have to be eaten at night...

14.  It is COMPLETELY possible to go out to dinner with friends and family to a restaurant and eat this way...

15.  Dairy was NEVER  my friend...I am so much healthier without it.

16.  I can and do eat eggplant every single day... and I never tire of it...

17.  Kids THRIVE on the eating plan... even if modified to include fresh, homemade, yeast free bread...

18. It feels FANTASTIC when friends and family THANK YOU for introducing them to this way of eating and say things like... "It saved my life".... PRICELESS!!!

19.  I will eat this way for the rest of my life... no question...

20.  I believe this eating plan saved my life... and added decades to my life...

Thanks God...
You are just too cool for words....

1 comment:

  1. "Once your body gets used to eating fresh, wholesome foods, IT WILL purge itself if you eat badly... even once.." LOL..i thought it was just me that had a "reaction"...body lets me know, quickly! And i love what you said about bday cake etc..i get "have some, it tastes good"...Just let me be, i don't want to eat that crap you freakin crack dealer...too strong? Holli

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you feel strongly about something... or just want to say hi...

Anonymous comments will be deleted, and never published... so make sure you get a free google account or one of the other ones... Just click on "comment" below!!!