Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Marinades for all meats and veggies!

I love this eating plan, because it involves a plethora of protein options to eat during the day.  Over on my other blog, I've been posting pictures of some of the food I've been making for my family, and mentioning how I don't eat those foods any longer, but my family enjoys them. 

I've also been recieving many emails telling me that I should be eating those foods, that I shouldn't deny myself those foods because it's "not good for me".  HA HA!!!  If they ONLY KNEW!  Also, all the "bad" foods I make my family, are ALL FROM SCRATCH, using only the BEST ingredients available, and 99% of the time, they are made with wholesome, nutrient filled flax, wheat germ, non fat milk, olive oil, and lean meats and flours... so I feel REALLY good about feeding my family a cinnamon roll that has more fiber and minerals than most peoples breakfast cereal for a week!!!

That being said... I am so happy on this plan, and have been having a lovely time coming up with new and improved ways of spicing up and upping the nutritional value of lots of favorite foods.

One way to add TONS of flavor to foods is to marinate them... meats, veggies, fruits, what have you...

Here are a few of my favorites...

For beef, root veggies and portobello mushrooms I love to...

Mix together in any amounts you enjoy...
Soy sauce
orange juice
Worcestershire sauce
wine
salt
pepper
dill weed
1/4 tsp liquid smoke (optional)
and add the beef or veggies to sit for over an hour...
YUM!

For fish, seafood, zucchini, potatoes, string beans I like to mix together

1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
honey
cayenne
salt
pepper
and either roast or pan sear the food with the juice...
YUM!

For a quick dip or a great sauce over lettuce wraps...

1/4 cup peanut butter (it's not LDL, but once in a GREAT while, it's awesome)
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp soy sauce
dash olive oil
1 tsp toasted sesame seed oil
1 TBS teriyaki marinade sauce (not the glaze)
Stir together, let sit, covered, in fridge to blend flavors and lightly spoon over
lettuce wraps or your favorite fish, or dip steak skewers in it...
YUM!

Try them, you'll love them...

Yes, I know not ALL the ingredients are LDL "friendly" but I always do this when I am deciding on flavor over fat content and choices of foods...

"Will one tablespoon of this... be better than eating a fast food meal" and the choice is always a resounding... YES!

Marinades and dips ARE NOT for everyday use... but to add some spice and flavor and some pizzazz to meals and cookouts... go for it... drink LOTS of water, and EAT LOTS OF fruits to compliment the meal...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment if you feel strongly about something... or just want to say hi...

Anonymous comments will be deleted, and never published... so make sure you get a free google account or one of the other ones... Just click on "comment" below!!!