Thursday, March 18, 2010

What to do with a Costco Chicken...

Don’t you just love Costoc’s rotisserie chicken? I do. It’s inexpensive, additive free, and it just tastes sooo yummy!


When I’m short on time, and I know I won’t be able to prepare any chicken ahead of time during my prep… I buy two Costco chickens…

I make…

Chicken Fajitas, tacos, stir fries, soup, stock from the bones, cacciatore and a host of other things as well…

It is a very versatile product… and I like how big they are. As soon as I get them home, I skin them, and pull every morsel of meat off the bone and put it into a large freezer bag, take the air out and place it in my fridge… Viola! Insta-meat! I don’t bother with my freezer for this… it lasts an entire week in the fridge, and since I have 5 to prepare meals for… it doesn’t last long anyway…

A favorite recipe around here is…


1 torn up Costco chicken
2 red bell peppers, sliced
2 onions, sliced
8 mushrooms, sliced
2 cups frozen corn
cumin
taco seasoning
salt
pepper

Saute up the onions, mushrooms, corn and pepper until golden… add cumin, taco seasoning, salt, pepper and chicken… stir to combine…
Eat this at lunchtime…

For bread eaters… serve over spanish BROWN rice or in tortillas.

Add Guacamole and salsa to liven it up…

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment if you feel strongly about something... or just want to say hi...

Anonymous comments will be deleted, and never published... so make sure you get a free google account or one of the other ones... Just click on "comment" below!!!