Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Cookin up a storm!

Catching a quick break from cooking for a few minutes... Whew!!!  My little business is starting to take flight... and I'm working hard... but having fun!  You know what they say... 'If you do what you love, you never "work" a day in your life."  I find that is SO true!!!

I am passionate about cooking more healthily, and started my business of preparing FRESH, handmade food for busy Moms and families... I feel really good providing REAL food meals... and trying to put the fast food business... out of business... for good. Yep... I said it... out. of. business.  They provide nothing of value... but heart disease, diabetes, and sugar...

I've been sort of absent the last few days, cooking up meals and delivering them... and it's such a blessing to be able to do so!!!

If a family stops eating out of a fast food bag, once a week... for a year... it saves... COUNTLESS calories, COUNTLESS pounds of FAT... COUNTLESS amounts of High Fructose Corn Syrup... and A LOT OF MONEY!

I know some people that eat fast food EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT... and it makes my heart break.  I know it's fast... I know it's convenient... I know it tastes really good... but just because something tastes good... DOESN'T MEAN IT IS GOOD...

I like to think of fast food in its separate form... what I mean is... in my mind... separating the lard... "meat"... fillers... pasty white bun... fries... the oil it cooks in... and then think of eating each of those thing ON IT'S OWN... and ask myself if I would still eat it.  The answer is NO!...  I would never just spoon a tablespoon of Lard into my mouth... yet... when eating almost ANY burger... that's EXACTLY what we are doing...
Still want a burger now?  Sometimes... to really eat better... we have to play tricks on ourselves and gross ourselves out enough to sway our thinking to the healthier way of eating.

I am just so happy that my service is being recognized as something of value... Sure... I serve thing I don't eat... like pasta and bread... but I am CONFIDENT in my food, and KNOW it is clean, fresh, healthy and just because I don't eat bread... doesn't mean other people don't... and I feel like EVERYONE deserves to eat good, yeast free, flax seed filled, handmade bread...in moderation... of course...

Soo... that's where I've been... and I will be writing more soon... just need to get a routine going in the beginning of this new business... and when I do... I'll be doing my weekly series more regularly...

Thanks for reading... It's an honor to write for you....

1 comment:

  1. You are doing good for all of us and that is all that matters.. good luck in your new business. We will be here, chugging along,LDL!
    Hugs! Kathie in Fl.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you feel strongly about something... or just want to say hi...

Anonymous comments will be deleted, and never published... so make sure you get a free google account or one of the other ones... Just click on "comment" below!!!