Sunday, May 2, 2010

Latin Inspired Rice

Quick Healthier Latin inspired Rice

I make this for my family all the time... I do not eat it, not because I don't love it... I do... but because I try not to eat rice very much... but I feel great serving it to my hubby and kids...

What you'll need...

2 packages Trader Joes Brown Rice OR 3 cups cooked brown rice
1 cup frozen corn
1 chopped onion
1 chopped red/green/or yellow bell pepper
1 cup sliced green onions
1 chopped zucchini or grated
1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
1-2 tsp cumin
salt
pepper
 3 cloves fresh chopped garlic or 1-2 tsp granulated or garlic powder

Heat up a large skillet screaming hot.  Add onion, pepper, zucchini, corn, salt and pepper and saute' until soft...
Add garlic, stir
Add cooked rice, stir to combine...
Add can of tomatoes, stir
Season again to taste
Sprinkle on cumin and chopped green onions...
stir to combine...

Heat Through...

To make this a meal, and a complete protein... add a large can of black beans to the mixture and make it a main dish... add a salad and some fresh avocado... and
yahooooo! Eat well... WITHOUT MEAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment if you feel strongly about something... or just want to say hi...

Anonymous comments will be deleted, and never published... so make sure you get a free google account or one of the other ones... Just click on "comment" below!!!