Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Processed Foods... they are truly KILLING us!

After watching Food Inc. I started to think. (Could you smell the smoke?) Corn is in EVERYTHING it seems. I was floored to see that even BATTERIES and CHARCOAL have corn in them…Really? Batteries???


I believe, beyond a shadow of a doubt… that High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) and Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO) are evil and should be destroyed… Sound like strong words? I’d post stronger ones if I didn’t sign this blog up to be “G” rated one. This country is making “food” that isn’t really food! There are scientists dedicating their lives to manufacturing things like texture, taste and looks of food, without any care about if the “food” they are making is toxic or not…as long as it feels and tastes the same as the original, we will buy it, because it’s on sale or just plain cheap! THIS HAS TO STOP!

I love those commercials and signs on the freeway that boast a beautiful Mom saying “This is my kitchen, and I say what my family eats.” If only that were TRUE! I am a Fat Mom, but my kids are no where near heavy or overweight. I have ALWAYS been the one deciding what foods they eat and what I will prepare… I didn’t nor do I care now if they love a certain junk food, I didn’t buy it. BUT being thin isn’t the only sign of health. The processed, boxed, prepackaged “convenience” foods are literally poisoning our kids. My sons weren’t allowed to eat hot dogs until they were 5 years old, and even then, it had to be Hebrew National. NOW? I have a coniption fit if I see a hotdog near their mouths. Those things are cancer in a tube. I have always known that whole foods are the way to go, but something stopped me all these years. Convenience. Well… I’m over it. I spend a great portion of my days now cooking and prepping food for my family. It’s my job. Their health is my responsibility…MY health is my responsibility. It’s my responsibility to get the word out about processed foods… READ THE LABELS… if you can’t pronounce easily EVERY SINGLE INGREDIENT… DON’T BUY IT! If HFCS is anywhere near it…DON’T BUY IT! Stand up for yourselves and say NO to your kids… I don’t care how much they like the junk stuff in a box!!!

We wonder why soooo many kids are diabetic these days… convenience foods. Period. We wonder why little girls are having menstruation at 10… hormones in our meats and milk. We wonder why antibiotics aren’t working any longer… why we have so many flesh eating diseases… OUR FOOD IS TAINTED BY CHEMISTS, AND MONEY MONGERING CAPITALISTS.

I know I sound like a lunatic. I don’t care. We have to tell our food producers that we aren’t going to take it anymore. We are America! We should have the safest, most wholesome food in the world. We should feed ourselves the best and provide the best to countries that can’t feed themselves!

Instead of prescription medications… we should look at our organic produce department as our new pharmacy. We need to put Cancer Doctors OUT OF WORK by healing ourselves with good, pesticide free, non GMO food. Get rid of aspartame, saccarhin, artificial sweeteners in all forms. Europe banned the use of HFCS when it came on the market… they live a lot longer and healthier than we do. They don’t take nearly as many medications as Americans do. Their kids aren’t obese by 11.

I would rather my kids eat a cup of raw sugar than ingest any artifical sweeteners. It’s plain poison.

I am so thankful for the Let’s Do Lunch plan… it has opened my eyes to so many new and wonderful ways to nourish and feed my family and myself. I am truly an addict now.. to good, healthy food. Like I’ve said before… I just need for my outside appearance to catch up with my inward verve…

A lovely lady on the LDL plan wrote something her husband said, in a message to me… Linda, this one is for you… her husband said, “You either spend the money now on organic and good food, or you can spend money on a huge list of medical expenses at the doctors” or something to that affect… BUT IT MAKES SENSE!

Look into your children’s eyes. Aren’t they worth the very best in nutrition? Aren’t they worth long life? How sad that this generation is the first generation that is predicted to not live as long or longer than us. That breaks my heart… We HAVE to change those statistics… or we will outlive our children… that is the worst nightmare imaginable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment if you feel strongly about something... or just want to say hi...

Anonymous comments will be deleted, and never published... so make sure you get a free google account or one of the other ones... Just click on "comment" below!!!