Saturday, February 20, 2010

Avocado, Corn & Bean Salad

While I made my family and father in law homemade pizza, taco dip, potato skins and whatever else their culinary hearts desired for the Super Bowl feeding frenzy… I made sure to supply myself with some tasty, festive morsels too…


One dish I made for moi was my Black Bean, Corn and Avocado salad…

Here’s what you need:

1.2 cans black beans rinsed and drained or 3-4 cups home cooked

2.2 cups frozen corn, thawed

3.4 diced tomatoes

4.3 cloves crushed garlic

5.1 small bunch cilantro or parsley, chopped

6.1/2 diced red or yellow onion

7.1 seeded jalapeno (optional) chopped

8.2 diced avocados

9.1/2 cup olive oil

10.3 tbs balsamic vinegar (add more to taste)

11.salt to taste

12.pepper to taste

13.juice of one lemon or lime

14.1 tbs cumin

15.1/4 tsp cayenne

Dump everything into a large bowl and gently mix it all up. Refrigerate to develop the flavors for 2 hours, but it’s great eaten right away too. This makes a lot of salad. I mixed some into a tossed lettuce salad yesterday, and it was delicious. It makes a great side dish for any lean meat, and my family likes it over brown rice for a complete protein.



Mangia!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment if you feel strongly about something... or just want to say hi...

Anonymous comments will be deleted, and never published... so make sure you get a free google account or one of the other ones... Just click on "comment" below!!!