Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Refried Beans recipe

First… cook your pinto beans until very soft…


THEN…

Saute up some garlic and chopped onion in some olive oil, and get it nice and golden…

THEN…
Add in the cooked beans AND THE LIQUOR from the beans… and add to them, a can of diced tomatoes, or cut up 4 roma tomatoes (that’s what I did)
THEN…
Add seasonings…
Salt, pepper, granulated garlic, cayenne, steak seasoning, chipotle seasoning, old bay…
I use all those seasonings.. but you can pick and choose and keep adding until it’s the way you want it to taste.
Cook until thick and bubbly and EAT UP!!! My kids and I like them spicy… so we added lots of heat…
I served them to my family over brown rice… I ate them plain and used them in soups…
Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment if you feel strongly about something... or just want to say hi...

Anonymous comments will be deleted, and never published... so make sure you get a free google account or one of the other ones... Just click on "comment" below!!!