Wednesday, February 17, 2010

How to make fresh homemade bread...

FIRST… let me just say… I am in NO WAY, SHAPE OR FORM saying eating bread is okay on the LDL plan… IT’S NOT!!! However… since reading the boards on their site, I have noticed that a ton of people don’t follow the plan strictly like I do, therefore, they aren’t losing the weight as quickly… AND… I think they are succoming to the temptation of breads and sweets. I believe if we make our own food, and eat a tiny bit of it and less of the packaged junk… we all might fare better… and my belief is that cooking for yourself is ALWAYS better than store bought food… hands down… That being said… Bread homemade or not… for me… isn’t on my menu… but it is for my family.




The reason I am posting this is … 1. It’ my blog and I can do and write what I like … and 2. I’ve had many requests for the recipe of my breads… and since I LOVE to make bread, and it’s part of my business to do so… why not share?


First of all… remember, to be more healthy and to lose weight and keep it off, bread is highly addictive to some people, and should NOT be eaten… like me… HOWEVER… if not eating bread is a deal breaker for you… MAKING IT YOURSELF is a billion times better than buying it in a store… BECAUSE YOU’LL KNOW what’s in it… and remember… EAT IT ONLY EARLY IN YOUR DAY… AND NEVER AT NIGHT…


I haven’t purchased a loaf of bread, bagels, pitas, scones, muffins, cinnamon rolls, baguettes, pizza or ANYTHING really that has gluten in it from a store in almost 2 solid years. I make ALL of those things with this simple recipe, that I keep on hand ALL THE TIME… in my fridge…

I must give credit… where credit is due… I use a book called “Artisan Bread in 5 minutes a Day” by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoe Francois, and by clicking here http://www.artisanbreadinfive.com/ you can see the wonderful world of baking bread and making it every day… WITH OUT KNEADING!!! I just can’t get it all in like they do… there are also lots of YouTube videos with Zoe and Jeff making the dough. Buy the book, learn… and have a BALL!


I have graduated to making my own Sourdough Starter and Sourdough bread now, and have recently learned that sourdough is one of the worlds best kinds of bread to eat because of the fermentation process to make the starter. Since it is already “digested” by the starter, sourdough’s tend to be better for people who suffer from Irritable Bowel Syndrome, and people who want to eat a little bread but don’t want to feel weighed down, can eat it and not have any side effects of their stomachs trying to digest the yeast… It also is a “good” yeast to have in your digestive tract… much like the good yeasts in yogurt. Our bodies readily accept the sourdough and use the energy more efficiently.

That being said… I still don’t eat any of the bread (I keep saying that so my LDL friends don’t turn me in to the bread police).. but it sure smells good in my house… everyday. It could smell just this way for you too…


AND… if you don’t want to make bread for yourself, and you live closeby… I would be happy to bake and sell you fresh bread every day if you wish… I do it all the time. It makes me feel great that others are eating bread that is optimal in health. I add flax seed meal, and wheat germ and other wholesome things to fortify the bread… and no.. you can’t taste any of the ingredients except yumminess.

Let me know if you tried the recipe in the book… I’d be so happy to help you in any way I can… and am even available for classes to teach you how to make it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment if you feel strongly about something... or just want to say hi...

Anonymous comments will be deleted, and never published... so make sure you get a free google account or one of the other ones... Just click on "comment" below!!!